Hi. Anyone with Objective Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Daver, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Daver

Daver Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hi . Newbie here . Two horrible months of Objective Pulsatile tinnitus . Getting MRI next week . Everything moves so slow . Can anyone share any info or experiences ? Have slight hearing loss in right ear . Never goes away 24/7 . Always been healthy , no real medical issues . Slight BP problems , but have been able to control without meds . Should I continue to exercise ? I'm trying different supplements . No real sympathy ( who cares ) because I look ok and no one has this . If I hear another person say " oh yeah , my ear rings too sometime" I'm gonna drill them . Ugh . So if I reached anyone with this issue , please contact me and let's do this together . I'm from New Jersey . Ugh . Lol . Have a great day everyone .

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Jford

Jford Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015
      Hi Daver - in response to your post.....I see it's been a while, but I just found this site, so either you've already found help, or this may be helpful!

Hello - My Pulsatile Tinnitus just started out of the blue the last week of August, 2015. It has gotten increasingly louder and the sounds vary quite a bit depending on position of my head, or what I'm doing, or if I'm upset or relaxed. Sometimes it sounds like a machine, or a chirping, or just blood rushing or whooshing with my heartbeat....sometimes it's all of the sounds together. My husband and now my daughter have both been able to hear the sound by putting their ears next to mine and it freaked them out!

I was complaining about how hard it is to sleep and focus with this constant sound, but now that they heard it, they are more supportive. I had never heard of Objective Pulsatile Tinnitus, so I thought it was stress, because something was actually very stressful going on in my life at the time it started. I immediately related it to blood pressure, which I've never had an issue with, but it was reading high right at this time. I had a full blood work done, which showed no problems, went to a cardiologist, EKG, no problems, ENT, hearing is perfect, no fluid, had a CT, and an MRA, all also showed no problems, but my ENT also obviously had never heard of objective Pulsatile Tinnitus, because he laughed at me when I told him I was trying to record the sound because it was so loud. He said only I can hear it and it's common, it will go away on its own and you'll just have to live with it.

I've since done a lot more research and have come across a wonderful website called whooshers.com. This site has tons of people sharing their experiences as well as telling the world about their cures! There is a lot of information on this site and this is where I learned that a lady had her husband hear her "whooshing" for the first time - that's why I tried it and it worked! There are doctors out there that have heard of this and Dr. Eisenmen of Baltimore Maryland is supposed to be very popular in curing PT. You are pretty close to Maryland, so I would check him out. His credentials are amazing!

I live in Michigan, so I am waiting for an appointment more locally coming up on 11/23 and he is allegedly familiar with PT, but we will see what he knows. I might end up in Maryland myself, but if I find out any further information, I will share it with you, but for now, I'm going crazy with this sound like the rest of us who haven't found the right doctor yet!