Hi. Going on 3 Months Now

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Monicaer77, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Monicaer77

Monicaer77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acetaminophen
      Hi. I developed tinnitus due to having an ear ache and taking Acetaminophen. I was driving home and kept coughing and later on that night I noticed my ear was hurting, about an hour past it was really bothering to the point where I was actually crying. My husband saw how I was hurting and gave me 2 500mg Tylenols.

ooh yeah I felt asleep I noticed my ear ache was gone but a noise was on my right ear. I can live with this noise as long as I don't loose my hearing.

Also it's happened two times where I get dizzy...

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is unlikely that your tinnitus is due to taking Tylenol. Tylenol is one of the least ototoxic drugs. Have you seen an ENT to determine what was causing your ear to hurt? It is very important that you do that. Once a doctor helps you to overcome the issue with your ear, there is a good chance that eventually your tinnitus will fade and even disappear.

Check out the thread below where I summarize everything (24 tips spread over three posts) I learned about managing tinnitus after reading the posts on this forum for the past 11 months
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...itus-recently-this-info-will-be-useful.25741/