Hi, How Do I Get Approved for Disability?

Discussion in 'Support' started by object16, Sep 5, 2013.

1. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      I understand the insurance companies do not like to pay out - period. I am covered by long term disability insurance, but what type of illness do I put on the form in order to get approved - or should I just forget it, and try to cope as long as I can and then go for early pension? My tinnitus is getting so bad that just to sleep I need 3 different meds. I use a white noise generator and have white noise constantly at night, but last week I had a dental drilling procedure that has made my tinnitus a whole lot worse and currently I am in a bad state.

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I do not know the protocol in Canada. I would ask your doctor or call one of those attorneys that advertise on TV all the time.

Here in the US people have gotten disability because of tinnitus.

3. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi object16, I am in the disability process in Ontario, Canada.
      I say if you have a year until you can retire, just wait it out. You can PM me if you have any questions.

P.S. which part of Canada are you from?

4. Narciso

Narciso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hi Dan. I know it's been a long time since your last post to this tread on Sep 6, 2013, but you are still out there, could you please let me know if you got approved for disability? I am a severe Tinnitus sufferer from Ontario, looking for to be considered disable to perform analytical jobs. Your kindly response will be much appreciated.

5. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hey @Narciso

You should use the @ sign in front of the name you are looking for so they can be alerted by your post mentioning them.. :)

best of luck !

6. Narciso

Narciso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Thank you for the advice Lorenzo74. I am just new here and learning slowly.

Hi @dan
      I know it's been a long time since your last post to this tread on Sep 6, 2013, but you are still out there, could you please let me know if you got approved for disability? I am a severe Tinnitus sufferer from Ontario, looking for to be considered disable to perform analytical jobs. Your kindly response will be much appreciated.