Hi, I'm New Here Today, Please Help! Tinnitus After Using Otex for 3 Days Due to Hard Wax Build Up

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lee T, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Lee T

Lee T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Middle of September
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure could be wax removal / Otex or wax removal
      I'm new here, have been suffering with intense noise in my ears & head since using Otex for 3 days due to hard wax build up, I had the wax removed by suction at the hospital last Thursday, after applying olive oil for 2 weeks, initially the noise level dropped then began again next day.

Yesterday the loud hissing had completely gone, this lasted all day, leaving just the odd high pitch tone I experience.

I went to bed with no noise, I awoke at around 3.30 am with severe hissing in my head.

It has remained until now.

I'm feeling absolutely at my wits end, it will not quieten down, it is all I can hear as I have olive oil in my right ear awaiting suction at the hospital a week on Tuesday, so this ear is completely blocked off, which is bad enough in itself.

Please, I will try anything to ease this sound, any suggestion would be much appreciated.

2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I think you have a great chance that it will go away once the wax is removed.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lee T

Lee T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Middle of September
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can't understand why it was ok yesterday all day & now this, before the wax was removed in my left ear on Thursday I had been suffering the same for a month, the noise is still coming from this ear, even after removal, I didn't know I had wax in my right ear until the guy examined it & said it also needed removing. I have been getting chirping sounds in my right ear while the left was blocked with olive oil, still getting them but now hissing is there also.

I was hopeful the noise would cease once the left ear was cleaned out, thought it had yesterday, thought it needed a couple of days to settle, makes no sense. It's sweeping across my head, I also get high pitched tones in my left ear, currently drowned out by the hissing.

4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Were you exposed to any loud sounds?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lee T

Lee T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Middle of September
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nothing, came on after using Otex for 3 nights as prescribed on the bottle, I thought that once i stopped using it, the noise would subside, it has not improved, only let up was Sunday, no hissing, completely quiet, first time in 4 weeks, the ear I had the wax removed is as bad as previous, I have read that tinnitus can be caused by the ear not sending signals correctly to the brain, could it be down to using the olive oil again as my right ear is completely blocked, considering my left ear is now clear & the sound I now hear in this ear is quite a marked difference from previous (louder & clearer) could it be that the brain needs to adjust, maybe when the right ear is cleared, it will balance out & stop the noise, i'm just surmising as i'm new to this, it is ruining my life, I cannot sleep, concentrate or go about my daily life, it is so loud today, worse than previous to having my left cleared. I can only describe it as a loud high pitched hissing which varies in pitch from one second to the next, right through my head, like radio frequency interference, it's everywhere & driving me nuts.

Are there no remedies to ease it a little, something to take the edge off.