Hi, New Here. I Believe I Have Pulsatile Tinnitus.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katie2016, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Katie2016
      Tired

Katie2016 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I don't really know where to begin or what's connected to what. I'm a 30 year old female. The last 6 or more weeks I've had what sounds like a fan whooping in my ear...it happens some nights and not others. Several months ago I was waking up every morning with a wet ear (same ear --my right--that I hear the fan like whooping noise on) there at times was some liquid on my pillow case. I had totally forgotten about the wet ear thing until the nurse from the nurse advice line asked me if I'd recently had any wax, discharge, liquid, blood etc coming from the ear.

I have an appointment with my general provider (most provider's that are PCM for me aren't PhD. ...but military trained "doctors") 12/13/16.

My ear is not necessarily painful, but definitely uncomfortable and maybe feeling like it has a little pressure in there, but nothing the valsalva maneuver would really fix IF I did it.

My last ear infection (And only ear infection since I was a kid- swimmer's ear) was my right ear last February 2016.

I've been getting nauseous when I read/computer/drive/tablets etc for about 2-3 months now (It feels like some of the worst morning sickness I have had when pregnant, but there's no reward of a baby coming with this nausea)....I've been attributing this nausea to my eyes (As since Feb 2016 - same day I started being treated for my ear infection I've developed strabisus---aka Intermittent Exotropia--- in my left eye).

I've also been getting headaches above my eyes a lot lately.

Not sure if my noise is considered PT or just T. Not sure if it would be considered objective or subjective.

Also, wondering what's the best things to do with this ...we leave out of town on Dec 22 for Christmas...

I have a long medical history and I'm not sure if one could possibly be connected with the other.

Looking forward to figuring out what's happening to me... again. Hoping to find a way to help the ear feel better and the mind be quiet

2. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @Katie2016 I would get that checked out as soon as possible. It is possible that an ear infection is the cause of the liquid coming from your ear. It probably means there is a tiny hole in your ear drum. Inflammation in the area may lead to you hearing your pulse or heartbeat. I have experience of this.
      Another much more unlikely cause could be cerebral fluid - this would be much more serious but as I say very unlikely.
      I would be very cautious about using the valsava manoever. It can lead to increased damage especially if you have a small puncture in your eardrum. Good luck

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katie2016
      Tired

Katie2016 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, like I said, I have not done it and I don't think it would work anyway. I have an appointment around lunch today. Curious as to how it'll go. Hoping it's just a simple ear infection.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katie2016
      Tired

Katie2016 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      UPDATE
      I went to my primary care office, he thinks that I have Eustachian tube dysfunction. He's having me try flonase for 3 weeks and see if that helps.

My right ear has a slight buldge on the ear drum, but there is no hole for any liquid to drain from. He thinks I had trapped water in my ear and it must have drained out slowly over weeks (this I'm not sure I believe...but maybe...maybe, after all anything is possible).

I have no evidence of any type of ear infection. I have no wax. I have a clean ear!

If it doesn't resolve my ear discomfort and I continue to hear the whooping than I should go back in 3 weeks.

I do have an appointment with my pediatric (yes because they're the best for strabismus) ophthalmologist on Friday. I am going to mention it to him.
      Thoughts?