Hi, New member looking for any good ideas.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paul Neathery, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Hi, have noticed having tinnitus for over a year- looking for some help from anyone with treatment.

It is basically a constant ringing which I would like stopped. To be able to close my eyes and hear nothing when it is quiet.

thank you,
      paul neathery

2. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hey Paul :welcomesignanimation: !!!

Sorry to hear about your tinnitus ( T )!! I (and most all of us here on TT) completely understand the desire for silence!! Oh, to hear nothing when it's quiet :angelic:!! Hopefully someday soon!

Have you searched thru the "Treatments" & "Alternative Treatments" sections on the TT home page?? Lots of good info!! For many of us with T, it takes some time and effort, trying different things until something works. Many folks ue various masking techniques, both day and night, to deal with T. There are numerous sound therapies such as neuromodulation that are effective for some. :headphone: Acupuncture/pressure works for some folks. You may also want to search the "Research" section. Great info on current research being done, as well as test studies.

For me, and you're going to hate to hear this (because I did initially!), I have learned to live with my T. I didn't think it was possible, but it has happened. And I believe it will for you as well!! :) Basic stuff like getting lots of exercise, establishing a proper sleep pattern, eating right, socializing, etc... go a long way towards habituation. Isolating things in your life that bring you joy, and focusing on those things! Stay connected to your life and o us here on TT!!

Habituation IS possible: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/habituate.3120/

Also, the upcoming Tinnitus Network website is going to be a wonderful resource for all of us with T!! Check out the videos, and donate if you can (link below). We are super excited about it!!

Best to you and silence soon!! :)