Hi to all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Vampire, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Vampire

Vampire Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      I'm João Miguel from Portugal and started hearing some noise in my brain four weeks ago.
      I've done a MRI and I'm waiting for the results but appears to me that I'll end up in the Tinnitus boat. :cautious:

I've been looking for a cure all over the Net but all I see is a lot of publicity on some medicines that seam like scams.

Is there any tip's for a noob Tinnitus?

Thanks in advance

2. II Packy II
      Doubtful

II Packy II Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Remain calm is the best advice I can give you. It has a causal impact on your brain's perception of the tinnitus. You as the person have to try and be averse to the sound and try to pay less attention to the phantom noise you are experiencing. I feel that my long-term fear of the ringing ultimately played some impact on its overall lasting effect on myself. This is just my personal opinion however.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vampire

Vampire Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Thanks for the tip. I've been trying to keep calm and study more about the issue.
      At night, when I lay down on my sofa to watch some TV/Computer, the T seams to wake up.

I've been hearing music all day long as it seams to mask completely the T.
      I try to keep the sound low but I don't really know if it will affect my hearing on a long term.

Is there any treatment that had any kind of success until now that I could try?