High Blood Pressure Caused by Tinnitus Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by boliston, Jul 29, 2019.

1. boliston
      No Mood

boliston Member

Tinnitus Since:
      30th April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hi,

I don't normally have high blood pressure, and it averages 115/70 when relaxing but yesterday I woke up at 12.20am with a really bad tinnitus spike and I'm needing to think of ways to get my blood pressure down as it seems to be about 150/90 since then (I have done a few readings) - I went to sleep about 11.30pm last night and did not sleep a wink after waking up and somehow managed to get through the day at work (I work as an accountant so luckily fairly quiet office).

It's annoying as 2 days ago my tinnitus felt like it was improving. I have had tinnitus for 3 months now in total - it just randomly started a few days after my holiday to Canada at the end of April - I think my spike may have been caused by frying a pork chop as it was quite noisy!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      boliston
      No Mood

boliston Member

Tinnitus Since:
      30th April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Thankfully the bad tinnitus spike seemed to improve about 9pm last night and my BP was down to 118/82 by bed time.

I hope I don't have a spike like that again as it was very scary. It's mainly hyperacusis rather than tinnitus that seems to be more noticeable today as I went for a walk in the woods in my lunch break and it was pouring with rain and I never realised before just how LOUD heavy rain in woods can be! I just hope the hyperacusis gets better - the chilled aisles in the supermarket also seemed really loud this evening so I put in my Eardials for that section.