Higher Tinnitus is Driving Me Mad and Sad

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Robban, May 4, 2014.

1. Robban
      Fine

Robban Member

Tinnitus Since:
      well hello i are new to this forum and need somebody to talk you .

i got tinnitus when i was 16 or 17 dont rember it was low high pitch sound now 28 easy to mask but i got it

worse 3 times in may life have but i habituate to it but I messed it up again. And now it very hard to cope and

now it is very high and i have hard time to sleep and need sleepning aid or i dont sleep .

well this happen abount a 6 weeks ago need to blow off some steam.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Robban
      What made your T get worse? Are you able to mask it at all?

Mark

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robban
      Fine

Robban Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello mark My tinnitus got worse when i use My headset when i played a game whit some friends. I was stupid To try it and got som (h) to . I can mask it sometimes but hear it allmost all the time. And it make me sad.

4. gebora
      Dreaming

gebora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Do you have noise induced tinnitus? You can try NAC and magnesium.. And no ototoxic meds for sleeping.. I take melatonin(can be helpful for noise induced tinnitus) and bromzepam. And visit ent doctor.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robban
      Fine

Robban Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Have been to a ent but no help there. And it is noise induced tinnitus have some hearingloss but no new hearingloss. I have propavan for sleeping and have some melatonin but maybe i need some more pills i tak 2 provavan and 3-4 mg melatonin helps to sleep some hours maybe 4-5 i wake up in the middel of the night have some trouble to get to sleep taks abount 1-2 hours maybe to low dose for me i are pretty big 200cm and 110 kg

6. gebora
      Dreaming

gebora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      When did you have spike before, got it better or just you habitued? Do you mask your T? I hear 2 noises, when i try fall to sleep. I dont know, how much is max dose of melatonin, but i take sometimes 6mg. I have 62kg and 170cm.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robban
      Fine

Robban Member

Tinnitus Since:
      i habitued and only heard it when i was thinking abount it but now it harder and i dont mask it but think to buy i whit nosie thing well try some more melatonin maybe 6 - 8 mg

8. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      How are you doing? Has the melatonin helped you sleep?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robban
      Fine

Robban Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Well yes and no i wake up after 3-4 hours then drink some water 30 min later i fall to sleep wake up 2-3 hours later. It hard to tell if i have sleept or just layning in the bed and try to sleep.

10. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Are you using the sustained or time release melatonin? That's what I use nightly. All I need is 3 mg sustained release and I rarely wake up.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robban
      Fine

Robban Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Time release took 6 mg last night still not sleep true the hole night maybe need more? Now i just walking in the city street to calm down and get tired

12. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You might need something different. There are a lot of OTC medications that help with sleep. There are also herbal supplements.

Here's a recent post about what other people are trying:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...e-supplements-medication-etc.4509/#post-44448

You can also do a search on "sleep" on TT and you'll find more posts.

You should also listen to background sounds to help you sleep. I listen to water sounds.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robban
      Fine

Robban Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Okey i need help big time i got ttts from a fu... Train horn had ear pluggs in but no help My eardrum is haveing spams attacks and sounds make strange eko or sound werid