How Bad Is Caffeine and Alcohol for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Egg, Sep 20, 2018.

1. winstona
      Balanced

winstona Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure and excessive ear irrigation
      Alcohol and caffeine do not spike my tinnitus.

2. Ivan2475

Ivan2475 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Either citopram or stress and anxiety
      Hi Coffee Girl!

My wife and myself have got tinnitus from either ototoxic antidepressants or high stress.

We are still going through it and were wondering if you knew of anyone that has got better?

We are so depressed and have bad anxiety due to what happened and both of us having tinnitus.

I think mine has gone down a bit since December or I’m getting a bit more used to it.

I’m going to have my first drink since Christmas, just after I got tinnitus and can’t remember if it made it better or worse.

I just want something I used to enjoy again.

I’m a bit worried about how bad it will be and to calm down after, but I heard it’s never permanent and may not even affect it, but with my luck I’m sure it will.

We just want a little something to help us to keep going and that we might be a little bit back to what we were, happy.

Thank you for your help

Ivan

3. Duncan L
      Benevolent

Duncan L Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Brain Stem injury due to over-ambitious yoga stretch
      Ditto

4. Stan M

Stan M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I wish I knew
      1 or 2 measured hard liquor every night. Usually 1 as I get home from work and the other just before bed. Doesn’t stop or quiet the tinnitus, just helps me get to sleep. 1 cup coffee every AM. Neither seem to have an effect on the T. I did stop alcohol for a month trying it out. No change, except loss of sleep. I only seem to get a good night’s sleep every 3 days anyway.

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1