How Do Electronics Impact the Intensity of Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tubrider, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Tubrider

Tubrider Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I recently spent a week on a cruise ship, with parts of three days being spent in a port. I continued to notice my tinnitus, but the intensity level was consistently 1 to 2 on a scale of 0 - 10 (10 = greatest intensity). I’m back at home and the intensity right now is 6 or 7, as it had regularly been before the cruise. When I go outside my house, the intensity falls to 1 to 3; the intensity even varies at different locations in the house, ranging anywhere from 1 to 8 or so.

The strongest intensity generally occurs in a room which contains a 15 year-old HD TV; a DVR; a landline handset which gets its signal from a base unit in the next room; a Bose “SoundTouch” unit which connects to a WiFy router one floor below: an iRobot vacuum unit resting on a charging stand; and two lamps with LEDs (neither is turned on at this time).

This combination of factors suggests to me that there’s something in my home environment, particularly in this one room, which exacerbates my tinnitus, causing its intensity to increase dramatically. Am I off base on this?

2. cheryl h
      Frustrated

cheryl h Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After ear infection
      Mine is affected by our old plasma tv. The moment my husband turns on the tv my ringing is so much worse. We also have dvr, landline phone, in the same room. If we go to a loud restaurant/bar, my ringing also escalates. I have pulsatile tinnitus which started in Sept of this year. Still in workup phase but very frustrating.