How Do You Cope with New Sounds Popping Up?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hil, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      I got a new, high pitched sound at bedtime 2 nights ago. I honestly thought it was something in the house...but my family didn't hear it, just me. The next day the sound was gone. But at bedtime last night, there it was again. This afternoon, it appeared again. With that tone, there are other ones...a sudden higher-pitched one happened for a few seconds, and some mid-pitched tones as well.

How do you adjust to new sounds bursting on to the scene? I've been having a hard enough time trying to cope with the sounds I've had for a while, and then having new sounds appear...Grr.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hil

Hil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Anyone? Anything?

3. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      To be honest I cope really badly, certain sounds I learn to cope with some I cant abide. Just another layer of torture.
      I would say the high noise at bed, or afternoon could be because you are very tired. I feel since T that I can 'hear' tiredness as opposed to feeling it. My high stuff comes on at the end of the day like a message that says'go to sleep'

4. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      It's never easy adjusting to new sounds. I've got a bunch and lately it's been bothering me and affecting my sleep. I've had to raise the white noise volume by one click up on my ipod to help me drown them. When I lay down it seems I can hear my heartbeat but not when I'm standing. Wish I could sleep standing up. Lol
      I'm trying to stay positive and find new ways to keep busy. Well wishes to you and all.