How Do You Deal with Loud Talkers?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Alue, Sep 1, 2018.

1. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Those hand dryers in the airport are hell on your ears. Omg...i ran out of the bathroom mid stream when some lady activated 2 hand dryers at once! Thank god i was wear a skirt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Steve G

Steve G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20th November 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to left ear made worse by ultrasonic dental clean 2019
      Totally agree, we have them at work, they are the ones that you stick your hands in , I hate the guys who dry every drop of water off their hands for five minutes while you sit in the toilet cubicle with your ears covered waiting to come out. Loud talkers also get to me, they come into my office at work and just naturally talk so loud then all of a sudden they laugh and will clap during their story telling they are only being friendly but it really gets to me and I don't want to upset them by telling to keep it down.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The sad thing is, they aren't even that sanitary or energy efficient. They just blow fecal matter all over the place and on your freshly washed hands.

These are the worst offenders:
      XL-Stainless_F-2.png

• Like Like x 1
    4. Aries
      Worried

Aries Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones
      I was holding back in the beginning to tell my friends who talk too loud but everyone around me knows my condition now so I always tell them when they talk too loud and if it gets too much I just leave... I think it's important to let people around you know about the condition because it is serious. And rather tell them to talk quieter than having pain all the time... But I have started avoiding some of my friends lately who talk too loud because my hyperacusis is unbearable atm :/

• Like Like x 1