How I Managed My Pulsatile Tinnitus.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joe Gado, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Joe Gado

Joe Gado Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      My tinnitus started a week or so ago. It was very frustrating. Two days ago I woke up at 3 am needing to use the restroom. My tinnitus began pounding really loud in my left ear, so much that i could not go back to sleep. I sat there wondering what I am going to do with finals coming up and me being unable to concentrate. After a little research i decided to try and relieve this tinnitus. Luckily, I have learned to manage it by redirecting my blood flow. I put a pillow in between the arm and seat of my sofa at a 45 degree angle. Then laid my head on it looking straight ahead. My tinnitus was very loud. I put a timer on for 5 minutes. Did not change. I then turn only my neck as far left as I could get it, until my left ear was facing down but my chest facing up. put on the timer for 5 minutes. I could feel the beating slowing down and at the end of that 5 minutes it was gone. I damn near cried. It has since been minimal but is still present when I wake up in the morning but it does not happen in full force anymore. I also have facial twitching that showed up just before the Pulsatile Tinnitus did.

I hope this works for other like it did for me.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. moij06
      Doubtful

moij06 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      virus /menieres
      I think I will try that.. I found that pressing on my neck below my left ear reduced it and stopped it sometimes so i could listen to peole taking but ENT told me Im restricting the blood flow to my brain which is seriously not good, could your technique be doing the same I wonder, it might not be a good thing.