How Important Is Staying Off Boards to Habituation?

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Leah, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Reading your reply to Christian.
      You mentioned you helped a person on one of the tinnitus boards with free TRT therapy,
      with the instruction he must stay off tinnitus sites.
      Is this the missing link for some of us?

Thanks

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      I mentioned it only because Christian had asked me for a TRT testimonial - and besides my own, it's the only one I've seen with such detail. See point #6 at https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/1-trt-questions-2-trt-testimonial.7992/.

There was only the one tinnitus site on the Internet back then (1998) - an unmoderated usenet newsgroup with a very toxic environment. I did not want him to be exposed to all the negative counseling there at the time.

The truth? The truth is that I think the missing link has less to do with tinnitus boards and more to do with folks not treating their own tinnitus like a serious problem that deserves proper attention from a clinician who is knowledgeable and experienced in the field.

That's what I did back in 1994 - I realized that I had a very serious problem, and I found a clinician knowledgeable and experienced in the field who could help me. His clinic was some 700 miles from my home, but I would have gone 7000 if need be.

stephen nagler