How Long Were You on Xanax and How Long of TRT Before You Felt Ready to Come Off Xanax?

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Lisa88, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Hi Dr. Nagler,
      Sorry, me again :) I have read about your experience on various parts of this forum, and just had a quick question.
      You say you were on Xanax and then when you completed your TRT, you were ready to come off Xanax. I know we are all different, and time frames vary, but may I ask how long were you on Xanax for, and how long did it take on TRT before you felt ready to come off it?
      Thanks so much, Dr. Nagler.
      Lisa

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi Lisa -

We're talking here about something that occurred twenty years ago during an incredibly dark time in my life - so I can only give you a "best guess" recollection.

I took Xanax three or four times daily for approximately eight months prior to TRT. I did TRT for 14 months and stayed on the Xanax all that time. After TRT it took me three weeks to get totally off the Xanax. I cannot stress the importance of being closely monitored by your physician while on these drugs and while getting off them, but that was my experience. I had never been on Xanax prior to that time and have not been on it since.

Allow me to refer you to this response for more information.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 1