How Loud Is My Tinnitus? And How Do I Cope with It? Also Helpful Hints

Discussion in 'Support' started by RSV, Oct 10, 2018.

1. RSV

RSV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 years ago.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music guitar.
      Guess what? My tinnitus is really loud. How loud? Loud I will put it that way. It is really loud in one ear. So how do I cope with it? God, a prayer. It went away once.:cool: It came back. So I deal with it. Last time I had visual snow syndrome and it sucked. Felt like bees and electricity was sting my body. The stinging happened this time too. I prayed it went away:cool:

How do I sleep? God and prayer. God puts me to sleep.

Things I have learned since I have had it twice. You will learn to ignore it. You think you can't but you can. Do you still hear it even though you ignore it? Yes. But the torment seems less. I keep my mind off of it. dose it go up with every noise. Is it reactive? Yes. I have read everything here. Every post. @Michael Leigh may disagree but yes my tinnitus is reactive.:censored:

So how do you live? I protect my ears but do not over protect them. I'm disabled and no longer work. I'm 43. And can't get my social security money. So I watch YouTube videos. Daystar Christian TV. Stay on the internet. Keep my mind busy. Can you play video games? Yes and no. No headphones. And CD based systems. Something in the CD systems and the fan inside the console makes my tinnitus go up.:grumpy: Cartridge and Turbo Grafix 16 chip cards fine. CD computer games fine. Blu Ray player? No something inside of it makes it go up. DVD is fine though. I cannot play the electric guitars anymore. :grumpy:

I control it and do not let it control me.:p Does it lower? No unless God lowers it and he has. So it does not lower on its on. So how do you sleep. Prayer and give it to God. Without God I'm screwed. I protect my ears. And do not over protect them. Does tinnitus scare you? Sometimes. The bible say's fear is a spirit. So I rebuke it. But sometimes it scares me that it can get louder. My gaming computer somehow produces a noise that helps my tinnitus. :cool:

I used to go to Walmart and it would make my tinnitus louder. It did the first time I had it. Why? the air conditioner. Now that I have it again Walmart helps me. somehow it lowers it. But after a while it as louder as ever. :banghead::cool:

So learn to get used to it. You people that are new to tinnitus think you never will get used to it but you will. I used to lie awake at night and no sleep would come. I would think the same thing. You will sleep and get used to it. And then it is like a old friend you never wanted but have. Have you ever had a new apartment? And it had a air conditioner in the bed room. Did it keep you awake? Later on you got used to it and slept. :cool:

Last time God taught me something. I had no internet, it was cut off then. No phone to call anyone. No cell phone. No TV it all got cut off. I thought God had left me. I screamed to God and made my tinnitus louder please do not leave me. He did not. He never left. They are 9 gifts of the Spirit of God. Someone that lives in my house has a few of the gifts. I do too.:cool:

The Lord God told them to tell me to try to forget about it. Why? It would lower the tinnitus. I would get on my computer. No internet. And try my very best. And guess what it worked. There was a small reduction. And any reduction is a great thing. Valerian Root helps with sleep to. Anything else raises my tinnitus. :cat:

So I just thought I would share some things that has helped me. And will help you. Try different herbs. And different foods etc... And remember God has got this. I was touched last time. And will be again. I will pray for you all to be healed. God bless my friends. :cool:

• Like Like x 2