How Much of Vitamin D3 Is an Overdose? Noticed an Increase in My Tinnitus...

Discussion in 'Support' started by gav01, May 12, 2019.

1. gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I’ve been taking a supplement with 4000 IU of Vitamin d3 a day (2000 twice daily).

I’ve been taking the tablets for two weeks but noticed an increase in my tinnitus over a week after I started taking it.

The supplement also contains magnesium stearate.

Could be stress but I’m not sure.

2. rdz
      Gloomy

rdz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This won't be very helpful but before I had tinnitus I was taking 50,000 IU a week without a problem, From August until the last week of December. I stopped taking it though after I got tinnitus.

• Creative Creative x 1
    3. G H
      Curious

G H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Think you can take up to 10,000IU per day.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Oh I probably misread somewhere then as I thought I was taking way too much! Thank you for your replies. I guess it is due to something else, stress or something instead. At least I can continue with this supplement. It's a testosterone booster and includes a lot of extracts including root, fruit and seeds.

5. Milky Way

Milky Way Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caused by stress and music as far as I know
      I ve just recently read an article warning about the effect of large vitamin d supplementation on the kidneys. Apparently it can cause severe kidney disease in some persons.

6. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I had an increase in tinnitus annoyance after 2 or 3 weeks of 2500IU Vitamin D3. I was doing this because I was told I had a Vitamin D deficiency. I became much more annoyed with the tinnitus and it may have increased some. I was taking along with salt capsules for dysautonomia so there may have been some kind of interaction. I also had much more pimple outbreaks on the face than usual. After stopping, the tinnitus annoyance went down after 5 or 6 days and I stopped focusing on it so much. Tinnitus levels seemed like they were also back to baseline.

• Informative Informative x 1