How to Clean the Eustachian Tubes?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amv, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Amv

Amv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Hello all!

I would like to ask what do you recommend for cleaning the Eustachian Tubes? I feel they have been sticky for some weeks now and I don't know what to do.

Thanks and best regards!

2. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      Couple of things I do. Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 8 oz. of water and flavoured with honey 3 times a day. Make sure you use one that has "Mother" on the label. Filtered/pasteurized vinegar will not work. Secondly, I use a Mabis Steamer Inhaler with a number of different essential oils, patchouli, lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, and spearmint. I don't mix them all together, but alternate. You only need a drop or two with the Mabis, don't overdo it. Also, use it in a room that pets do not frequent if you have them, some essential oils can cause health issues for them. I'm also on Budesonide, but you need a prescription for this. Finally, check out Austin Goh on Facebook. Austin is a Grand Master in Kung Fu, and Qijong expert. He has developed a number of exericises for the Eustachian Tube.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Aaron44126
      Balanced

Aaron44126 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian tube dysfunction (from infection / labyrinthitis)
      When mine got really bad a couple of months after my tinnitus onset, I tried a number of things (steaming, valsalva, Eustachian exercises, ...) but what ended up working the best for me was plain old Sudafed (note: not Sudafed PE).

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      Good point, question though, is it an antihistamine? If so it probably won't work after 3 days of use according to the litereture I've been reading. I'm on a cortosteroid, Budesonide, which I can be on indefinitly, but you need a prescription. On the steaming, did you use essential oils? I've found that they have really helped with my steaming.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Mmmmm they are supposed to be partially closed

6. Aaron44126
      Balanced

Aaron44126 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Eustachian tube dysfunction (from infection / labyrinthitis)
      I only took it for a few days and then discontinued, it didn't take long to do its job.

• Like Like x 1
    7. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      Not partially, fully, most of the time. They open to equalize the pressure in the ear drum. Problem is with ETD that is not opening when it should. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319602.php