How to Stop Stilnox/Zolpidem Safely?

Discussion in 'Support' started by IrinaM, Jun 1, 2018.

1. IrinaM

IrinaM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Unknown
      Hello everyone! I am new to this forum :)

Kindly ask for advice. I am using Stilnox/Zolpidem (Ambient) for 3 weeks now. It knocks me out fast but since today I am feeling very anxious and my headaches are worse. I want to cut it off, because these side effects are bad and I know that you should not use sleeping pills long. I also noticed that it probably increased my tinnitus.

So, how did you stop to use it safely? I am using 10 mg at night. What was the best for you?
      I just do not want to be on them anymore but I also do not want make everything worse by cutting it from one day.

2. Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been talking Zopiclone for several years, which is another Z-drug. I stopped it patiently, slowly decreasing the dosage. Better talk to your doctor, however.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IrinaM

IrinaM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Unknown
      @Alex Prime thank you. Yes, i will meet her next week but she is off right now and I have only one piece left until Monday. How long did it take for you to come off? And how was it after? You slept well or just changed to something dose?

4. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      Zolpidem has a short half-life and is therefore more a means to fall asleep than to sleep through.
      I suggest taking only 5mg instead of 10mg the next week.

5. Alex Prime
      Anime

Alex Prime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'd say one year. I was initialy taking 1, 1 and a half, then I went down to half, a quarter, one day without it, one with it - like that. Not linear. Sometimes I had to take a whole one. But with patience progress is made.
      In your case you took it for three weeks, so it is easier. Try a half and two quarters + herbal, like valeriana. Till Monday. After that talk to your Doc and be patient and optimistic. It'll be all right :)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IrinaM

IrinaM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Unknown
      @Tinniger and @Alex , yes, i did it yesterday- took 5 mg and slept well. But once I woke up I feel very anxious and feel like panic attack. I really do not want to just quit cold turkey but currently I am feeling that it is killing me. I bad panic attack and anxiety in the past and it was really bad.

7. Bobby Sinatra

Bobby Sinatra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ambien Windrawal Suspected

hey how are you today.. all my problems started with zolpidem as well