Huperzine A and Rose OX — Are These Bad for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      anyone know if these ingredients are bad for T. my mom went to a herbal doctor and brought me back these pills for overall strength for your brain. i dont want to take it and risk a spike first. here is a quick summary.

is used for Alzheimer's disease, memory and learning enhancement, and age-related memory impairment. It is also used for treating a muscle disease calledmyasthenia gravis, for increasing alertness and energy, and for protecting against agents that damage the nerves such as nerve gases.

2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      If it's herbal.. it's safer than factory pills that have all kinds of chemicals.
      Maybe chk with a physician or someone that has used this med. I have not.

3. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Herbal pills that do anything, work because they have drugs in them.

The suppliment industry is subject to far less oversight and safety protocols than the pharmaceutical industry.

If you simply don't trust the pharma co's (and there's plenty of good reason not to)... be wary of supplements, because who do you think owns a lot of the supplement companies, or manufactures them? Pharma co's, of course.
      http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/0...lements-made-by-big-pharmaceutical-companies/

5. Rono1943
      Balanced

Rono1943 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/09/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      compressed air and high blood pressure
      Tried several times to post this, if you have tinnitus as I have for More than 20 years, the worst for increasing tinitus is Salt took me a long time of food Avoidence to nail it down as its in nearly all the food we eat,,
      Oo

6. Rono1943
      Balanced

Rono1943 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/09/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      compressed air and high blood pressure
      Avoid Salt at all times If you have Tinnitus

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Agree about salt - I'm currently testing which has the greatest effct on the volume/disappearance of my T... salt or salicylates - fascinating stuff but oh god ... such boring food :(

8. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      Well salt has a function in neural system, maybe it's linked?

9. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Huperzine A definitely improves my alertness and energy. -- It apparently inhibits the enzyme that normally breaks down acetylcholine in the body. Since acetylcholine is crticial for memory formation, it makes sense that higher levels would result in better memory.

Acetylcholine is also necessary for any kind of muscle movement, so it could help with various muscle issues as well, perhaps even TTTS. -- I've found it to be a fairly benign substance, with no side effects whatsoever. I also suspect it could be helpful for any kind of ear issues--including tinnitus--as there are acetylcholine receptors in the inner ear.

I haven't tried THIS PRODUCT, but it's an example of a good value (although the 300 mcg sized capsules could be too much for some people).

@OneTimePoster; @Wolfears; @Greg Sacramento; @Bill Bauer; @Bam; @Arseny; @Striveon; @dan26; @Melike; @Mathew Gould; @humptydumpty69; @BreachOfEuphoria; @ruben ruiz; @jmasterj; @Karen