HVAC Caused My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by maxweber, Jun 4, 2018.

1. maxweber

maxweber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Faulty HVAC units releasing chemicals
      I have spent about 20 hours per week for a few years researching on this. I know, it should have taken much less time. I've talked to many toxicologists, doctors, scientists et al.

Long story short, HVAC system caused my tinnitus. R-410A leaking and burning produces toxic nerve gases. This is widespread. Faulty natural gas furnaces also produce carbon monoxide and other gases. Tinnitus is a well-known result of long term CO exposure. Many people do not realize as it happens over months or even years. And, in our, case many lies and cover up from companies involved. We had other symptoms too; fatigue etc but the hearing damage, tinnitus, ringing in the brain is permanent.

You don't really know these symptoms are related unless you are able to leave the environment, get somewhat better, and then return briefly into the environment and observe. One was the waking up at 3:30AM, driven to eat. We obviously noted it in the house; but, it hung around with us while we detoxed. So, year and more later I would go back in there and get it. I'd be awake at 3:30 AM or 4:30 AM the next morning, like clockwork. Depended on how long I was in there. Longer would be 3:30AM. Shorter exposure 4:30AM. Took us forever to figure out as the HVAC company lied to us and probably knowingly committed fraud. Turns out this is the normal mode of operation for these guys. Really long story how we found that all out.

I am curious if any other victims sought help from government agencies? I tried many to no avail.

Also curious about if anyone else sought air quality experts or professional engineers or such. We tried many of these and took a long time to find some who were passing grade. Most were fairly incompetent and spend their time giving polluting companies a "clean report" so spend their time trying to not find pollution.

2. K.A.

K.A. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2008, then 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Sorry to bring up an old thread, but how did you measure/confirm that the HVAC indeed was leaking? And how is it that the gas not only leaked but also burned? I thought these leaks usually were "just" leaks...

Wondering how/what I should use to check the air quality.