Hyperacusis Returning? Tinnitus Spiking?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Taylorslay, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      It honestly doesn't bother me like it use to. However I feel like I want to talk about it.

My T got very low. So low it was hard to hear it unless my head was against my pillow. For nearly 2 weeks. Then out of no where, yesterday I could tell my hypercasusis began to ever so slowly creep up again. And I thought to myself "I'll just take it easy and do some sound enrichment.".

I did.. and my T began to spike up. Spiked T doesn't give me such anxiety as it once did. Since I try not to react to it negatively. More so just react to it as a "thing" that's there. Since I know full well what anxiety does to T.

The past week or so has been very stressful though. I haven't slept much. I'll I've been doing is work for my online classes for homeschooling. I'm a tad behind due to last month, where I was just completely destroyed emotionally and mentally due to bad H, loud T and my uneven hearing. I'm glad I changed how I reacted to T, H and my uneven hearing during that time. It made functioning much better. Even though there was a ring louder than my tower fan blowing away. And hypersensitivity off the walls.

I guess this is more of a rant. I am fine living with T. I'm still in the first six months and my ears are like for 2 weeks ringing and super hypersensitive. Then it all goes away for another 2 weeks. Then (now) starts up again. Lol. Ears make up your mind.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Funny enough the spike went down just a few minutes ago.

3. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Bingo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Haha I laughed when I read that. I agree that is likely why. :ROFL:

5. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Hopefully you get better

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm not worried. We are very serious when we say stress and anxiety spike T. When my T was still super loud, it was 30% worse when I was anxious than what it would be when I was relaxed.