I Admit, It's Killing Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by Apocalypse77, Jul 20, 2017.

1. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      I mean it's not just how loud the sound exposure is but how long it goes on.

There are OSHA charts that show maximum exposure and duration. Unfortunately they are designed to only protect the majority of people and not the smaller percentage that us more susceptible to noise trauma. In addition, they are based on the risk of permanent threshold shifts (hearing loss) and not temporary ones, which still result in permanent damage to synapses.

2. Bryan101
      Depressed

Bryan101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So true. I would literally give my left arm for this madness to be removed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I was in that place and it feels hopeless and pointless, i was there and believe me that I can feel what you are going through my friend, everyone on this forum can .

But today my tinnitus is still with me and it spikes and does it's own thing but I don't care , most of the time I do not even hear it and when I do I simply don't care in well , 95% of the time, I have a life to live . But it took a long time before I got used to it .

Wojtek is correct, you need to try and change your attitude towards it , give your life new meaning, make positive changes in your life , hang in there man, it will get better , never stop believing .

• Agree Agree x 1