I Am Micheal — Tinnitus for 10 Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Michealusa, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Michealusa
      Supportive

Michealusa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Just wanted to say Hi to all those that struggle with Tinnitus. Good to have others to talk to about this problem.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Welcome, Michealusa!

Thanks for sharing your experience with tinnitus on the Positivity Thread. We need more positive stories like yours, to show others that it really is possible to live successfully with tinnitus.

Many thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    3. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Thanks for greeting us, Michealusa. So how have you learned to cope with tinnitus all these years? Do you have lots of noise machines, etc? Did you go to any support groups, special training?

I am new to these forums, as I have only had tinnitus about a week. Am still at the 'very surprised' stage...And asking God for the grace to live with this challenge. Wondering what special qualities He works in the lives of those who learn to overcome this and go on to live life to the fullest. Ronald Reagan had tinnitus and certainly didn't let it hold him down. Praying for the same ability to adjust and his positive outlook. Know he was a good Christian and relied on God.

There are lots of 'helps' to try...though some cost a bit of money and/or take time for the training, etc. But plan to do many of them just to educate myself about this and learn from others' experiences. Also found a support group in my area which has been a great help already. Think it's worth it to find people in the same situation to talk to in person. These forums are great, but real life people can't be beat. We need comfort, encouragement, ideas, vision from others. This is a very special area that most others don't know about. We have to help each other. Very thankful for these forums.

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. Dana Lowery
      Curious

Dana Lowery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      I find it helps me sleep better with the noise of a fan or air conditioner.

• Agree Agree x 2