I Believe I Found the Cause of My Tinnitus. What Now?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bernard85, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Bernard85

Bernard85 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

After a bunch of different doctors and I believe I found the cause after visiting a TMJ. I have a high pitch T in my left ear.

When I am laying down, I can hear a artery (or muscle) pushing against my pillow, causing a scratchy sound that matches my pulse. When I lift my head from the pillow, the scratchy sound is gone. Basically, I can hear a vein pushing against my pillow since my T started.

When I walk up a stair, I can feel my hearth pound in my head and throat. Not hear, but actually feel as if I just sprinted 200 meter. As a healthy 31 year old active man this was super weird to me. I workout at least twice a week.

My conclusion: there is a blocked vein of pressure causing an abnormal blood blow.

Most likely cause of my T: On the day my T started, I had a huge pain in my back and neck. Coudn't walk, sit of lie down without experiencing a very sharp painful feeling in my upper back.

Other possible causes are: I had swollen tonsils (a week before my T started) and I had a tooth extraction 5 weeks before my T started (to create an implant).

I believe my T is caused by my neck/back pain. While the high pitched T in my left ear is constant, lately I am hearing different sounds that come and go - varying from pulsatile tinnitus bursts of 20 seconds and a high pitch , very strong T in my right ear (maximum 10 seconds).

If you where in my shoes, what would be your course of action?
      Would really appreciate some advice :)

2. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      See a chiropractor? Get some massages?

3. Kaelon
      Wishful

Kaelon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Muscle Spasms
      I agree with seeing a Chiropractor. When I went to see a chiropractor after it was suspected I had TMJ, I noticed significant improvement to my Tinnitus (from what was a 7 to start, down to a 1 or 2). However, this isn't so much a cure as it is a coping mechanism -- it will definitely provide you with relief.

Get an MRA and MRI to evaluate potential blockages.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bernard85

Bernard85 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Great, thanks for answering.
      Mad an appointment for a scan. Going to a chiropractor soon after :)