I Don't Know How To Ask This...

Discussion in 'Support' started by gary, Sep 16, 2013.

1. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      So I will just say it. why are there so many people that are not Lifetime Benefactors?

All you need to do is click on any of Markku's posts and you will see how easy it is.

Markku has not prompted me in any way, shape, or form to to post this.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Let yours truly play the devil's advocate and let me ask:
      Why pay if it is free to access?

Wikipedia struggles with donations every year even though it's truly massive.

Ask ten random web-savvy people if they find significant value in Wikipedia.

Most of them will probably say yes.

Ask the same people have they donated to Wikipedia.

Most haven't.

Internet is renowned for information being free to access, and it's really difficult to make a case for people to donate.

Danny opened up a discussion about this same subject earlier this year here.

If anyone finds enough value in Tinnitus Talk to want to donate, then that's much appreciated and most welcome.
      Thanks are in place for you gary and other supporters. (y)
      But those who just can't or won't; that's okay too. I love seeing newbies and old-timers alike being helped and compassion offered, and that's a lot of contribution in and of itself from many of our members.

And if anyone has any doubts about Tinnitus Talk being a viable or worthwhile candidate for a donation, then may I kindly direct the attention to Tinnitus Research Initiative instead... a quote from their page: "The administrative expenses of TRI are covered by the founder, therefore we can guarantee you, that your donation will exclusively be used to support tinnitus research across borders and disciplines."

I'm sincerely happy to have met so many wonderful people here. This may sound like a broken record coming from me time after time, but a bad thing (tinnitus) has really brought into my life something good. A wonderful community around a sometimes difficult subject.

Thank you everyone,
      Markku

• Like Like x 3
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I looked at Danny's post, he covered pretty much what I was going to say, and more. I'll just add

Thank You Markku!!!!!