I Fell. Tinnitus Is Coming Back. Now What?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Finnigan, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      So my left sided tinnitus was slightly improving over the past few days and I was starting to feel hopeful. Then it came back full force, then started to easy up yesterday.

Last night I fell after I got out of the shower and took a dive onto my right side but nothing is broken and I’m pretty sore on that side of my body. The fall caused the tinnitus to come back full force with pulsing. :(

I can also hear some type of high pitched sound coming from the back of my head/ear??? I have never had pulsatile tinnitus before until this fall.

I did not hit my head on anything so it isn’t a concussion or anything like that.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Don't panic. What I learned is that you need to give it time before there is a reason to panic. Give it several weeks. Until that time, try to ride it out.

I think this incident implies that your tinnitus has to do with stuff like pinched nerves and/or spine/jaw alignment. Right @Greg Sacramento ?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @Finnigan if the above is the case, it would appear that something could actually be done about your tinnitus. For example @threefirefour 's tinnitus was a result of TMJ, and once that got treated, his tinnitus was gone.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Maybe Bill. I think my tinnitus is a combination of TMJ and surgical complications as well as having many tubes down my nose creating sinus trauma. Because of my precarious anatomy now, TMJ surgery is likely out of the question so I’m hoping to be able to figure out a more holistic approach. Chest reconstruction is the only option for me at this point but that requires massive surgery, donor bone and so on. Yikes, no thanks.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1