I Finally Found the Cause of My Pulsatile Tinnitus (CT Scan)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike Evangelo, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Mike Evangelo
      Wishful

Mike Evangelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 9, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,

I got a CT scan done last week for my pulsatile tinnitus that has been ongoing since the beginning of September (this year).
      Here is exactly what the findings of the scan were:

Impression:

1. Congenital variation with thinning involving the bone between the sigmoid sinus and the mastoid air cells bilaterally, finding that can be associated with pulsatile tinnitus.

2. Slight dysmorphic appearance of both incus and malleus, likely congenital and incidental.

I visited my ENT this past friday and he confirmed the findings of the radiologist. He said that the thinning of the bone between the sigmoid sinus and mastoid cells is significant and that it is rare to find this. He also said that it is very unusual for the radiologist to note findings, if any. My malleus and incus (I think on both sides) are also very abnormally shaped, which probably contributes to ear spams/vibrating I've been experiencing.

So there you have it. My ENT said that a surgery to repair the two spots where the bone is thinning is extremely difficult and potentially dangerous. This is partly because there is some artery or vein that is messed up near it (I can't remember exactly what said). I'm thinking about getting a second opinion

• Like Like x 1
    2. Burak222

Burak222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, which ct? Temporal?