I Have the Opposite of Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lookingforhelp, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Lookingforhelp

Lookingforhelp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cotton bud
      So I've had regular and pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear for over 4 years, it's a long difficult and painful story and I don't feel like going into it right now. Ive seen this forum before but usually like to ignore talking about my tinnitus as I don't like being reminded of it and reading about it makes me depressed. Ive joined this forum just now to ask a question about my other ear which happened recently.

I stopped using cotton buds a while back because that's what caused the tinnitus in the right ear, but my left ear was really itchy recently so I itched it with my little finger as I assumed it would be ok as you can't go that deep. Anyway, I must have given myself a slight cut from my nail on my outer ear and got a slight inflammation

I don't hear anything unusual in my LE during silence, but when I turn a fan on or I'm walking outside I hear a rushing noise like air escaping. I'd I stand still or go to a silent area it goes away. Now this is the opposite to how tinnitus usually works. Wondering if this is just an issue of impacted wax? Doctor said he couldn't see the ear drum as there is wax in the way. Inflammation has died down now though. Anyone else experience this? Should I just use olivd oil?

2. Filip

Filip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud earbuds music/ear infection
      Why don't you get the wax removed?

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      If he can't see the eardrum. He should clean it. *But not* with any kind of liquid irrigation. Could have a perforated eardrum. They have tools to dig wax out. Make'em use that.