I Have Tinnitus Along with Visual Snow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fatihh, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Fatihh

Fatihh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety/panick attack/visual snow
      Hi my name is Fatih from The Netherlands.
      I developed tinnitus a few months ago around may 2018. Full tinnitus in left ear and 5% percent of that in righy ear. I also have hyperacusis in both ears.

Months earlier around january I had a full blown panic attack becauase of floaters that developed in my eyes along with light flashes i saw in dark. It appeared that I have visual snow.
      During this period I also developed fascisulations(muscle twitches) all over my body, which after googling I found are sometimes related to ALS disease. You can understand that this fueled my anxiety. Now, fortunately I know my twitches are benign. Further, I was suddenly light sensitive and saw halo's around street lights. Nothing was wrong with my eyes according to eye docters. It is thought that visual snow is brain related. This all happened in the period of january-march.

Around April I heard my ear drums drumming, not tinnitus like, but as if something hit my eardrums 20 times in a second. I had no pain.
      Around may I began to have ear ringings. I can turn this off with 90% by taking magnesium oxide (yes the cheap one and not other forms like citrate). And since this month, August, 2018 I also have sound sensitiviyy.

I found out I can 'pop' my left ear( the one with full tinnitus) by blowing my breath with mouth closed. But this does not happen in right ear.

My question is: could the fact that I am only able to pop my left ear, the one with 'big' tinnitus mean that it is ear related rather than brain related like my vision problems?

More info: My left ear actually has always been little bit worse than my right ear with hearing. It was and it is still no big difference though.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Yes. T causes visual snow and eye floaters. When my T turned severe in January I developed BLACK eye floaters in February and Visual Snow in May/June.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fatihh

Fatihh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What do you think was the cause of visual snow? Stress? Medicines, exercise, drugs or anxiety? How long did you have T before developing VS?

4. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well I never had eye floaters until my onset last year. I had mild tinnitus so I had a few eye floaters. After it turned severe in January I got black eye floaters and many wormy like floaters. I then developed visual snow in June. Nope what caused it was the tinnitus in the brain, it is affecting the visual senses as well.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fatihh

Fatihh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And your tinnitus was caused by...?

6. dpdx
      Disappointed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ipod/concert....

7. Vicky Rovik

Vicky Rovik Guest

Same here. Got tinnitus after travelling to the Caribbean islands. As if it was not enough, I got vision snow months later, and my tinnitus got much worse the past years. Glad to know I am not the only one. My tinnitus is getting worse, by the way. Now I have 2 new sounds in both ears, one sounds like a constant low-bass, and the other like an airplane. I must have like 10 different sounds in each ear, also hyperacusis.

8. PolishSoldier87
      Moonlighting

PolishSoldier87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acustic trauma, neuro-lyme/rx co-op toxins
      Check if this is not Lyme related. Neurolyme loves to attack ears and eyes.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fatihh

Fatihh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can you tell me what you think the cause was of this?

What kind of personality do you have? Anxious? Stressed?

Have you ever used anti-depressants, supplements or other drugs?

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Fatihh

Fatihh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mine is from panic attack.

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    11. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Perhaps check about hypothyroidism.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Noise trauma can seem to get worse over time I guess.

My question is, I got tinnitus from a neck/jaw issue, does this type of tinnitus tend to get worse over time??

13. ItsNate101

ItsNate101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military/Recent major spike unknown
      @Fatihh I been experiencing the same thing as you. I actually just found out that visual snow wasn't what everyone see's I thought it was normal. I have had that almost my whole life. It's more intense now and I seem to have palinopsia as well as eye floaters. I do twitch more then normal but it was real bad while trying to fall asleep a few weeks ago. I would twitch about 50 times or more. I wouldn't really notice but my girlfriend wasn't to happy about it.

My ears also constantly pop when I swallow or I can do it on command kind of like wigging my ears. The tinnitus is by far the worst though. You say you took magnesium oxide I will look into that! Have you found out any useful info since all this?