I Have Tinnitus in Response to Noise, Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Glutenphobic, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Glutenphobic

Glutenphobic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have a sound like a soda can full of BB's shaking in my ear in response to noise. When there is complete silence, I have no ear noise. As soon as there is a slight sound, the soda can starts shaking those BB's. This is opposite of the usual tinnitus and I was wondering if anyone else has this and did it go away and of so, how did you do it? Thank you for any help - I have had it for 5 years and it's getting me very down by now.

2. shreddAr87

shreddAr87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music...history of anxiety/depression...earplugs idk
      Sorry to hear that....i have similar symptoms. Do you have a ringing in your ears in a silent room or is there only noise when there are other sounds? What particular sounds trigger your symptoms or is it all sounds? You've had it for 5 years...has it gotten progressively worse or stayed the same?

3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      I have this same reaction to noise. I am deaf in one ear, sudden loss a couple of years ago. I hear and feel noise in my deaf ear whenever there is sound in my good ear. We are talking EVERY sound, my voice, keyboard strokes,etc. I also hear some noise in silence and I constantly feel discomfort and fullness in my deaf ear. Do you have hearing loss?

4. julian gilmore

julian gilmore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi everyone!
      My name is Jules and I'm new to this forum/site. My tinnitus is ever present, a high pitched hissing noise, but it becomes distressing in reaction to sounds, mostly splashing or rustling sounds and water splashing. I am a classical music nut and high violins are sometimes excruciating. Sometimes it goes away for up to three days (never managed a fourth!!) and it is like being reborn or something. It's very encouraging (for me at any rate!) that others have noise induced timnnitus-type hearing distortion. I would welcome comments, please!