I must have had improvement and not realized

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leah, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      because the spike I have had last couple of days is taking over my life again. I have noticed the primary ear does have hearing loss that I am noticing more and more. Smoke detector went off, I did not hear it.
      Cat bumped into a platter that hit the floor. I never heard it. All happened during the night and I am not a good sleeper but slept through that. Must have had good ear on the pillow. I am so done with this.
      I have tried acupuncture, low sodium diet, magnesium , psychologist for me it is all about volume.
      Just venting to those in the know.
      Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Leah,
      I like the words that you choose.
      I am so done with this.
      for me it's all about volume.

I agree, Monday morning, again.
      I hear ya.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      it is very difficult to deal with, I totally agree. In my case, I have noticed a distinct improvement in the past 2 weeks. as you know, i do not allow any sharp or clanging or any other kinds of noises for my ears - basically it is like "total body rest" but for the hearing. In medicine that is the last resort: I'm actually noticing the tinnitus volume has gone down - I don't know if it is because of what I'm doing or in spite of it, but I like to be "active" in trying things instead of "passive" and just see what happens. if you're able to get by without a whole pack of meds, then you're doing well. i need to be on all sorts of meds to get to sleep, but i try to gradually cut back if the tinnitus is less and the sleep issue is more under control.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      So glad you are doing better, you sure have worked hard to get to this point. I feel like I am back at day 1. Oh those unexpected noises.. In ladies room and someone turns on the hand dryer WOW is it loud.
      A child's scream, or should I say shriek! Was at a mall yesterday with daughter who talks too loud for my new ears:(
      and the food court was blasting music. T truly is life altering, because it was a struggle for me rather than a pleasant outing.

• Agree Agree x 1