I Need a Hug :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by derpytia, May 11, 2014.

1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      I had a kinda bad T day yesterday and I woke up and it's still bad. I thought I had this all under control but it's starting to spiral out of control again. I was on Xanax for a week and I had weaned myself off of it and now I feel like I'm gonna need it again and I had just gotten myself off of it a week ago! So frustrating, I can't seem to relax!

• Hug Hug x 10
    2. ashley
      Busy

ashley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/28/2014
      Everything will be okay! Try to break the stress/sad cycle. Is there something that always relaxes you, or something you enjoy so much that you literally temporarily forget about your tinnitus? I know it's easier said than done, but it will help a lot. Good luck, and we are here to support you!

• Like Like x 2
    3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Can't offer more than a virtual hug and say that in the beginning it's not unusual what you're experiencing. One moment can be fine, and the next thing you know you are scared of going nuts.

What have you done today? I hope you had a nice Mother's Day full of activities (taking your mind off the dreaded tinnitus!)?

Definitely try to avoid staying at home alone for long periods. And when you are, listen to some masking tracks. Try your everything not to give the tinnitus the attention it craves.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    4. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Your very early in your t journey. Like Markku said the ups and downs are normal at first. We have all been there. The only thing I want to add is although xanax can be dangerous is prob won't be if you use it correctly. One week is a very short time and if I remember correctly a low dose. I still use them from time to time. So focus on habituating and don't be scared if you have to use some xanax now and then. I used them daily for a long time had no trouble from them.

5. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress

It does get better. I take Xanax --didn't take anything the first month and nearly lost my mind--no sleep, full of anxiety--scared of the future and thinking only in worst case scenarios--I thought of ending it all and found my way here. I take it 3 x's a day--.50 dose. My doctor started me on .25 for two weeks to get used to it. I've gotten my life back as many here have. Xanax is only dangerous if you take more than recommended, more often than recommended. I've been on the same small therapeutic dose for months now and have not had any problems. When the time comes to get off the drug one tapers down. I take a total of 1.5 mg a day. I am starting to habituate. Look at the "positivity thread" and see how we are taking our lives back.

I'm here for you--just as the members were there for me at the beginning. This forum and the wonderful people here are my rock.

• Like Like x 2
    6. jewellanne1010

jewellanne1010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      A hug and a prayer hang in there u r not alone

• Like Like x 1