I Need Some Advice on Ear Plugs

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joe4, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Joe4
      Busy

Joe4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      I’ve been invited to Filipino “debut” (extremely extravagant 18 birthday bash that symbolises coming of age, yes I’d never heard of one either) of one of my closest female friends and it’s last week of November. This kind of event I don’t particularly like anyway and now having T I had decided I likely wouldn’t go. This was before I was then told I would be one of the roses (a male who has to dance a waltz dance with the debutante). This is extremely honouring and not the kind of thing I can turn down.

Now looking at videos on line the volume seems very similar to a wedding. This left me needing to buy some ear plugs. My plan is to buy some custom ear plugs, likely the ACS Pro series as it seems highly rated and easy to get purchase in the UK. But with it being just a month away and not sure I will able to get moulds done in time, I have been looking at alternatives. I currently have a few pairs of industrial orange foam plugs I got from a plant I was visiting a few months back but as been as I will be with the debutante in a few photos on her special night I don’t particularly want orange buds hanging out of my ears for her sake as well as mine. So I have looked at ACS pacato range which are white and seem to be not as visible. These seem to be a good solution but my next question is which filters do I get for them? They are sold at 16dbs and 19dbs reduction. Which should I go for in a wedding type environment? Or does anyone have another suggestion if I can’t get the custom moulds done in time?

Also any advice on dancing for someone with two left feet?:)

Many Thanks
      Joe

2. Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Get the customs made. It took me two weeks to get them from the day of my appointment. Now this was in the US, if not in the US I don't know how long it would take. Mine were made by a company called Westone.

In regards to the others I would say get the 19DB.

Macs also makes foam ear plugs that are a neutral tan color that are really hard to see once they are in the ear. Now if you have a really dark complexion they might be a little more obvious.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe4
      Busy

Joe4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      @Chaz thank you, and no that won’t be a problem as I am fairly pale in complexion. How would the foam plugs fair in regards to having a conversation?

4. Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      • Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe4
      Busy

Joe4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      @Chaz thank you, you're an absolute savour. I'll order a tub now as I'll need more plugs in the future inevitably anyway.