I Think a Particular Type of Beer Caused My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Everyloop, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Everyloop

Everyloop Member

The day before my T started I was drinking a new kind of beer. I had wondered before if it was caused by exposure to noise 10 days prior, or from exercising, but I think it may have been the beer.

After it started, I didn't drink for 2 months.

After that I slowly started again. I had a strong beer and if nanything it was better the next day. A week later I had soe m sake and there was no effect on it.

Then last night I had another beer by the same brewery and in the same style as the one that I drank that I mentioned before. When I woke up this morning, the ringing was louder than it had been in the last 3 months.

I wonder if there is something in that beer that caused it. I emailed the company to ask if there are any different things in it.

I don't want to name the company because I don't want to give them any bad press, but I will say it is a blonde style ale that is over 9% alcohol.

2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I cant see alcohol causing it... Maybe you just developed T unexpectly like others and the coincidence was that you drank that beer that night. Noise exposure is cumulative so just from your whole life listening to loud music and then one day You could develop T cause of it. Ofcorse there could be other reasons that are unknown maybe go get checked out? But i doubt the beer caused it. Alcohol can temporary spike T in some but it shouldnt stay permanent.

3. ashley
      Busy

ashley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/28/2014
      I know it may seem that way, but I think the fact that you tried a different beer may have just oddly coincided with your tinnitus. (However, usually alcohol can exacerbate it temporarily!) Did anything else change? When was the last time you had a hearing test?

Either way, I'm so sorry you're going through this. :(

4. diver
      Inspired

diver Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/11/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving, Drinking, Vestibular Hit 12 years before onset
      alcohol started mine 10 years ago
      diving with head cold brought it back with a vengeance
      zanax at least lets me sleep and no salt with lots of vegies, ginko, lipo bioflavonoids, and water getting back under control wheeeeeewwwwwww dang mang zzziiinngginnggg along but getting slowly better I think.

5. Albert
      Confused

Albert Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high volumes maybe
      hi everyloop can you pm me the brand of the bear?i had similar thoughts 2 weeks ago when i drunk 5 or 6 beers with 7.7 alcohol and the other day had low frequency tinnitus.i don't think thats the case but just asking who knows...thanks