I Think My Depression and Anxiety Can Be Caused by My Intestinal Health. Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Oct 24, 2018.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Earlier this year I was doing great and then something happened, I got constipated, got nauseated, and then I went into a nasty depression. During that time, it took me over a week to get out of it. Right afterwards, I tried probiotics for a few weeks. During that time, there were a few instances where I was out and about, feeling totally normal, and then I would get a mild panic like feeling even thought I wasn't anxious beforehand and nothing mentally caused it. This pretty much didn't happen before I took the probiotics. I also experienced gas and nausea because of them as well. I tried to fight through it, thinking it would pass but after a month on them, and still having the same symptoms, I quit.

Lately, I took flaxseed oil. I seemed to be doing okay at first, bowel movements were better, I increased the dosage and then after some days, I start getting more nauseated, lots of gas, ended up having those random panic like feelings, and I ended up blacking out one time. For a week I was having random "short of breath feelings" even when I wasn't mentally nervous and laying down. The problem is definitely in the intestines, (doesn't seem to be in the stomach) because sometimes I can feel the "pain" in that area.

I haven't taken benzos in around 6 months and for the three months before that I was taking like a crumb of it each day. I don't know if this part of the benzo withdrawal thing but I do know I had nausea and gas problems before benzos when I took serotonin drugs. On benzos, I do not remember much nausea problems at all.

Is there anything that can calm the gut, not produce gas in the intestines, and have normal bowel movements? Perhaps benzos helped with that, but I do not wish to take those anymore if I can help it.