I Think My Tinnitus Is Going Away (99.9% Sure)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by raboy, Sep 8, 2018.

1. raboy
      Amazed

raboy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      march 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      outdoor gun range
      Hey guys!

I first ran into tinnitus in March 2018 from an outdoor gun range and lasted around a week.

I'm in college and went out to party a lot and I think it made the tinnitus come back but in a mild form (in May; only in quiet rooms/laying in bed).

Either the partying caused it to come back or the tinnitus from the gun range just went to a low low volume.

During the summer I think the volume may have gone down or not. Sometimes I think it's just me forgetting about it which I really should.

However, today I noticed that whenever I put my ear on my pillow it was either completely or 99% gone. I usually hear a high pitched ring whenever I cover my ears in any fashion (over ear headphones, pillow, plugging my ear with my fingers, etc.) Recently I've totally just accepted my tinnitus, but the absence of the ring made it feel so weird while I was laying down to the point where I started to try to "find" the noise. I even went to my bathroom turned everything off and the sound was 99.9% gone than what it was when I noticed it again in May.

This gives me great hope that it might actually disappear given a few more months (maybe up to a year) and would like to know what you guys think.

Thanks for reading! Good luck to everyone in the future.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. EarHair

EarHair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012 worsened Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and TMJ and genetics (Mom, Grandpa have it)
      Be very careful. A lot of us had it go down or disapear and think we are invincible then go to a concert that is "not that loud" or "it's outdoor and I'll stand at the back" or shoot guns again and it comes back. You are permanently susceptible. Make it a habit to keep a pair of ear plug in your wallet or pocket.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      This.