I WAS a doubter

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lynn Nowell, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Lynn Nowell

Lynn Nowell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      Actually, I thought stress might affect tinnitus slowly over time. But I am having a lot of family stress, and a huge spike! I would not have associated the two without reading here.
      Another thing I read is about jaw tightness and neck injuries. I strained the muscles of my neck while tubing at the lake, and the timing corresponds to the increase I noticed a few weeks ago.
      Does any one see a chiropractor? Does it help?
      So thank you all for the information I am finding here. I appreciate it very much!
      lynn

2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Lynn, i was in a situation recently where my stress put my T through the roof. I thought i damaged my hearing got stressed and boom. ANyway stress will cause you to become agitated my your t easier. And the more agitated you get the more you pay attention to it which in turn makes it louder and you get more stressed and so on. Work on dealing with the stressful situation and im sure your t will settle down.

When i have these moments I get lots of ear pain, that shoot down my neck and makes it feel tight. Not sure if this is the same thing for you or not though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Lynn, Yep emotions such as stress, fear, anger, sadness ect, can agitate T along with psychical problems, which in turn, can cause the emotions to kick in. I am sure once you get your your family problems sorted out in your mind, you will feel better. Emotionally, family problems can take their toll on you....

4. Roger

Roger Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Hi Lynn,

I've been seeing a Chiro once a month, every month for 4 years. My back and neck are in top condition. That's why I go. I started 4 years ago due to chronic upper back/ neck pain, pinched nerve, wasting muscles, ancient whiplash injuries. I was a mess. After the first visit, my back and neck were great. They stay great at a cost of $25 a month. Small investment. That's 3 beers here. Closer to two beers in some pubs. Crazy prices.

Anyway, I quizzed my chiro on tinnitus. Like my doctor and the ENT, he was pretty ignorant of it. That was disappointing. Then recently, my usual Chiro was replaced by another bloke- This guy knew tinnitus well (having had it himself for 30 years) , and believed that non-noise inducted tinnitus was neck related.

Well, my guy's been working on my neck for 6 months - zero progress to date. It seems to me that all treatments are pretty well inconclusive. There's no proof that anything actually works, just time. I know of a few articles on the web that cover chiropractic tinnitus connection- but again, there's no miracle sadly.

Having said that lot, I might have tinnitus, but I don't have a sore neck or back! That's something!

All the best,

Rog

5. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Lynn,yes stress can set T off big time,neck aches,you name it,wish if life was stress free we'd all have better days,
      My husband so laid back ,he's never seemed phased by his T not that I've ever been made aware.
      I'm sat here stressed,ears both going at full pelt,plus I've got a frozen shoulder that's so painful,hence more stress,so T responding to it.hope today to get some shoulder treatment from physio friend of mine,who going to call in.hope the stress level bites the bullet and just give up after she's had a look.Never rains but it pours on us folks hey.Should all be out with Meeruf,sitting by that lake letting the world go by. Hope this weeks got easier for you as it's gone on.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lynn Nowell

Lynn Nowell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      Thank you guys for your responses.
      The week did get easier somewhat, and the volume of ringing varied. One night I took an ambien and for most of the next day there was very little tinnitus! More evidence that stress -sleep- anxiety all impact my tinnitus.

7. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      If only stress was non existent,we'd all be lot happier in coping with this I believe,but life's not that kind hey.
      Glad your week improved Lynn,makes you feel low if you let it.All gets to much at times,families can be big stressors if you let them,glad I'm the age I am ,don't get any of that thank goodness,besides Lynn I'm to old to care .
      Advantage of age got it uses.Chin up X

• Like Like x 1