If There Were Such an Item as Frequency Raising Hearing Aids, Would You Be Interested in Them?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Oct 6, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      They actually make frequency lowering hearing aids in which they can convert higher frequency sounds to be heard at lower frequencies.

However, tinnitus can often be at higher frequencies. What if there were such a device that took lower frequencies, amplified them, and converted them to higher frequencies in which the tinnitus was located?

Would that be something you would think is useful? I'm sure the sound would be different but to me it might be useful if I could have two modes. One normal, and one with frequency raising.

Unfortunately, I do not think such a device exists to try but if you know of one, please let me know.

2. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      WHAT?? Never heard of these.....do you mean they can make a high pitch T into a perceived lower pitch T?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Oh no.... They have frequency lowering tinnitus which makes higher frequency sounds into lower frequency sounds so certain people that have say certain "higher" frequency loss can hear better.

My idea is that if someone has tinnitus at 8khz that sounds such as in the 4khz could be converted to be produced at 8 khz. Obviously the sound would be different but it may allow more ambient sounds to mask tinnitus. At least for certain people.