I'm Chappie — Tinnitus for 30 Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chappie, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Chappie

Chappie Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 or so years ago, Mother had it too!
      The work that you are doing is worth far more than my donation. My mom had tinnitus far worse than I do. Some days she would cry about it as she was an avid reader on health for over 40+ years and never came across anything that would help. I suspect her case came on from helping my dad in his noisy work environment all of their married life.

I on the other hand worked for the military in many noisy environments and was careless in the use of ear protection. Tinnitus is with me while I'm awake and may be there when I sleep as I feel unrest-ed quite often. It's with me now while I type this message and should I get up and watch some TV or be active, I will notice less or not at all.

So that's a little about me at age 66.5 and I thank you for the opportunity to look in to your forum from time to time.

God's blessings to you always,
      Chappie
      Spokane, WA, USA and Korat, Thailand

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Regal
      Musical

Regal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknow (NIHL, Genetic, Ototoxic drugs, stress) ?
      Wow 30 years! What is your favorite technique to cope with it? Did you have any spikes? Did you feel it was becoming better after some time?

I feel sad for your mum and other people (like my grandparents) that they couldn't get help before and needed to "live" with this.

What is saving me everyday, it's that I will certainly not die with it. I can keep it for 10 years max if it's not getting better overtime.

You and your mum are heroes!