I'm Confused What Tinnitus I Have — A Dog Whistle That Comes and Goes — Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by GabyM36, Feb 4, 2020.

1. GabyM36

GabyM36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 5 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident/whiplash
      So if you go back to my introduction I got tinnitus the beginning of January. I was devastated at first until I came here and managed to have some comfort to keep moving on with life. I started ignoring the sound to the point it didn’t bother me anymore and I could fall asleep easily. Now like two weeks ago I decided to go walk in the cold for exercise and my ears popped so ever since that every time I swallow I hear a crack in my ears. I also grind my teeth a lot so I’m guessing that can be it. Anyways I started getting frustrated so I went to the ER and they found I had strep throat. Ever since that day my tinnitus has been the worst and louder.

I haven’t stopped being stressed or crying. Especially yesterday I didn’t stop crying the whole day and at night I noticed this whistle in my ears that comes and goes. And it’s really uncomfortable. It sounds like a dog whistle but lower. I don’t know if this is my tinnitus that gets louder every 2 minutes or so but it’s really messing me up again. I don’t know if it’s pulsatile. Also while I’m sleeping my tinnitus gets louder to the point that it wakes me up. Does anyone know if it’s the grinding teeth at night?

Does anyone have any idea what all of this can be?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GabyM36

GabyM36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 5 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident/whiplash
      Can someone help me

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GabyM36

GabyM36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 5 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident/whiplash
      I need an answer I’m literally shaking having panic attacks

4. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Not all tinnitus is constant.
      I think if you're fighting an infection that's a good sign. It could go away after you get better.

Whilst it can be rough until then, try and keep distracted and busy with your hobbies, video games, movies even light exercise.

It's hard not to worry about it, but stress and worry makes it worse.
      Try and relax as best as you can.
      Sound therapy is good, you can using masking until it gets better.
      Use enjoyable relaxing sounds. Rain, thunder storms on youtube or even a fan if you like the white noise of a fan.

Pulsatile is generally in line with your heart beat.. hence the name pusatile. Don't think it sounds like this but i'm no expert.

Seems like it could be related to the strep. Treat that and give it time, i have a feeling it will go away. :)

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GabyM36

GabyM36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 5 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident/whiplash
      Idk tho because this whistles pops up every 2 minutes and it’s totally different from the ringing..it’s like little electric shock or it feels like it. I’m scared it’s going to stay there

6. LukeYoung
      Frantic

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been dealing with a ticking sound that comes and goes for a few weeks now. At first i was very frightened, but i guess we just have to be hopeful.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GabyM36

GabyM36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 5 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident/whiplash
      How are you managing it?

8. LukeYoung
      Frantic

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just accepted this is another bullshit sound until I can see an ENT. Dr Nagler and myself think it's Tympanic twitches or Middle ear myclonus.

So I'm doing better now. It's just one of those things that yes at first it scares me, then I realise no point stressing about it, maybe it will go, maybe it won't but the quicker I try and forget it, the better.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GabyM36

GabyM36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 5 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident/whiplash
      So I’ve noticed I have this hissing sound that comes and goes and overlaps my normal tinnitus? Does anyone know what it is?????

10. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      You have to keep your eustachian tubes clear.

If grinding and clenching you need a bite guard. Tinnitus can be caused by, or aggravated by grinding and clenching.

Protect you hearing from loud noises. You have an injury that needs to heal.

Are you on antibiotics? They can be ototoxic.

Ototoxic Hearing Loss: Signs and Treatment. Ototoxicity occurs when a person ingests chemicals or certain medications that can adversely affect the way the inner ear functions. Specifically, some drugs can damage the cochlea and the vestibulo-cochlear nerve, impairing hearing and affecting balance.

Ototoxic drugs include antibiotics such as gentamicin, streptomycin, tobramycin, loop diuretics such as furosemide and platinum-based chemotherapy agents such as cisplatin, carboplatin, and vincristine. A number of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) have also been shown to be ototoxic.

11. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Sudden loss of 100% hearing R ear with Tinnitus
      I wouldn't get to panicky until all your other illnesses are cleared up. Strep throat is a serious illness that needs to be healed before you can seriously assess your Tinnitus.

When my Tinnitus first hit me I had all kinds of weird popping noises going on in my head. Most of that went away leaving me with a constant staticky hissing noise that overlaps other chirping noises, and behind all that I have a lower level ringing noise. I don't notice the ringing much until at night in bed when the hissing noise subsides a bit and then I notice the ringing and chirping noises better. It's all different for everybody. You sound young. Can't recall if you stated your age. Anyway, I really feel for young people who have this crap. I am in my 60's so I have been around the block a few times with a lot of stuff and am probably better equipped mentally to deal with this. Thats just to say life experiences do count for something.

Try to stay calm and give it some time. Time is your friend. If you haven't, maybe try some serious meditation exercises. A lot of folks have gotten help from that. Feeling you pain...... J

12. Farino72

Farino72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/1/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Gaby how are you?