I'm New Here, Can No Longer Tune It Out

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kampwoman, Aug 16, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. kampwoman

kampwoman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm new here. Hello to everyone. I've suffered from tinnitus for years but it was always minimal. I woke up one day after suffering from what I consider ear and sinus infection with the ringing becoming very loud in both ears. I can no longer tune it out. Can this forum tell me what all these initials stand for? SHL, HBOT, ETD?
      I'm still on antibiotics and stressed out. Where do I go from here? Any advice?

2. Starlord

Starlord Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi there and welcome!

SHL - Sudden Hearing Loss
      HBOT - Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
      ETD - Eustachian Tube Dysfunction

Don't know if you have tried, but you could try masking the noise. Rain noise, ocean waves etc. Can find them on youtube or on smartphone apps. There are also in ear masking devices or hearing aids with masking built in that could help.

• Like Like x 1
    3. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      What antibiotics where u prescribed?

4. kampwoman

kampwoman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for your responding. It took me a while to get back here. I got lost.
      I have family to take care of so I don't want to use a masking noise, and the antibiotic was amoxicillin, the z-pac. But I still feel something is wrong. My left ear hurts and feel like there is fluid still in there.

5. kampwoman

kampwoman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I may get lost again but I will respond to your post.

6. kampwoman

kampwoman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's so comforting to have a forum to reach out to people who are in the same situation. Thank you for welcoming me. My family doesn't really understand the problem. It's true, unless you have it you can't understand it.

• Agree Agree x 1