Im Ornitoring Im new

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ornitoring, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Ornitoring

Ornitoring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma for repitition
      Hello everybody. I have hyperacusis and stapedium myocloni or tensor tympani syndrome. I don't know.. from 2010 by acoustic traumatism.
      In the future I can explain more about my clinic history.
      My english could be better Im progressing.
      I'm looking a telejob and go to live in the moutain or in the beach.
      Now I haven't internet at home but I try to visit internet often.
      My nick is Ornitoring... I have read that fish and birds can regeneration their inner hair cells...

I have 3 questions and I would like someone answer them please:

1) Website of Hyperacusis research wrote when finish Hearing Health Summit 2011 this sentence:

"a key issue with hyperacusis is getting solid evidence for whether or not hyperacusis patients have hair cell damage. Currently all methods to truly establish hair cell damage can only be done on a destroyed cochlea. In a follow-up discussion, Dr. Heller described that recent advances in optical tomography may soon enable this diagnostic tool to be able to view inside a live cochlea. That breakthrough would enable many in the study of the inner ear to gain much needed understanding for modeling the inner ear and help to finally answer the question for damage for hyperacusis patients"

Now we are in 2014... we know the answer? I would like if inner cell regeneration can be hyperacusis solution.

2) I have read that Edge’s team are studying hair inner cells regeneration in Harward. I have a young investigator "friend" in Harward but not in ears... but I would like to ask him something about inner cells regeneration, but what? I suppouse that some saturday night some investigations goes together in the same pub... no?

3) Exist in the world a presencial hyperacusis comunity, a place where hyperacusis people can work, live, funny.. in a rural place?

we talking.

thanks.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Orn, hard questions to answer. Ask your friend in Harward what is new in hair regeneration.
      Thank you for the information on the optical tomography, I did not know about this. I agree with you, it would be a great tool. Is there a way I can read some of Dr. Heller's papers? Are you in comunnication with Dr. Heller?
      :welcomesignanimation:

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ornitoring

Ornitoring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for your welcome.
      Is "hyperacusis research" the institution which speak about optical tomography, is not mine.
      I don't know nothing about Dr. Heller's and I haven't communication with him.
      In conclusion.. I don't know nothing

5. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Orn, Thank you for the information. I am going to look into hyperacusis research & optical tomograph . Sounds very interesting..

I hope you are feeling better...:thankyousign:

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Ornitoring, and welcome!

I don't know if there is a hyperacusis community where people can live and work, but I do know there is a hyperacusis support group on Facebook. Go to Facebook, and type "hyperacusis" in the search bar. You'll find more than one group to join, and they may have some answers for you.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ornitoring

Ornitoring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Ok, Gary. Thanks.

8. AUTHOR