Important Article on Lyme/Tick Illnesses

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Path Maker, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Not sure where to place this info, so if the moderators will please title it/place it the way they wish, that'd be great.

This article is about new findings on Lyme Disease. It doesn't mention tinnitus. I just think it's an interesting article because it highlights what happens to people who suffer symptoms for a long time without being validated, as well as the new hope that comes when a great practitioner takes up the cause.

(It's also a helpful article about tick illnesses in general and worth it for everyone to know this info.)

http://www.mvtimes.com/2016/07/13/visiting-physician-sheds-new-light-lyme-disease/

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. April
      No Mood

April Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/05/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible whiplash
      In some cases Lymes Disease can cause tinnitus. Read the following article. The ENT doctor who wrote this article was going to dismiss his patient's ear noises as run-of-the-mill tinnitus but saw an i v line in his patient's arm. The patient explained that he was being treated for Lyme's Disease so the doc had a colleague do an inner ear microscopic exam and found the culprit which was the result of Lyme's Disease. The patient's tinnitus was 100% cured. Great article.

http://discovermagazine.com/~/media/Files/PDF/Circulation/Welcome-email-bonus.pdf

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If you go outdoors in April and May - be careful and make sure that you don't get bitten by ticks! Ticks are more active and there are more of them in the spring...

I got reminded of this today. I went for a drive. During this drive, I got out of my car and walked around for about 30 minutes. I had been checking my white pants for ticks multiple times. Imagine my surprise when hours after I came home I pulled out a tick from my hair. I guess I must have felt it move in my hair. Luckily it hasn't attached yet. It was pretty big, so I guess that explains how it could have climbed to my head fast enough for me to not notice it on my clothing (they usually attach below one's knees).

Nasty!

I wanted to buy pants treated with permethrin that is supposed to solve this problem, but it looks like all outdoors stores in my area are closed, and Amazon say that they will take more than a month to deliver those pants. I guess I won't be doing a lot of hiking any time soon.

4. PhoenixAcademy

PhoenixAcademy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise?
      Billlll... Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I felt good about wearing them to the woods in the middle of nowhere as that seemed to maximize the chance of seeing ticks on them.