Instant Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by RichardRR, Aug 22, 2015.

1. RichardRR
      Tired

RichardRR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      I take overly cautious matters to make sure I protect my ears, even from the most mundane things. for work I drive a van, and I wear ear plugs for the trip because it's an older van and the flooring in the back is a little loose. So when I hit bumps or potholes, it creates a loud noise. And since I am in in an enclosed space, it all resonates in my head. Well I didn't wear ear plugs earlier and hit the biggest pot hole. Sounded like a shotgun went off right by my head. Now my right ear is going nuts.

Why does this happen? I know I probably wouldn't have thought twice if I didn't have this f***ing condition, but I do. No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try it will just get worse. This blows.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RichardRR
      Tired

RichardRR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Thanks everyone for the continued support.

3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      I agree with your comments. Anything a bump. A knock. Anything loud. Always seem to start a spike. And it takes days or even weeks to subside. Tinnitus is a right downer!

4. Empress27
      Artistic

Empress27 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      I got a spike in my tinnitus a few weeks ago. I think I'm getting used to it and then I'm not. It makes me feel so angry and I just want to lie in bed and cry all day. Slowly, slowly, I'm accepting it more and more each day. I hope you get used to this one. It really does suck.