Is Changing/New Tones etc. "Normal" in First 6 Months?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paul10, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hey all, I'm still less than 4 months in and it seems once I get my brain around T, boom, it changes, or multiplies. Seems to have a mind of it's own. It's the unknown that makes it worrying in many ways, even for multi-T folks like myself.

Sometimes a new tone lasts 4 seconds, sometimes 2 days, and some are still keeping me company. My hearing's all good and my T is anxiety induced, a 'classic case' I was told!

Anyone relate to this? Is this a normal? Thanks!

2. sleepy

sleepy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and gaming via headphones, earbuds and headset
      @Paul10
      I'm less than two months in. I acquired a new tone as well, high pitched crickets. I still get occasional ringing sometimes. The ringing is more easy to deal with for me. I get sharp loud ringing noises sometimes in the day, like my T doubles and goes back to baseline in a few seconds.

It's odd though, when I get the sharp double ring spike and when it subsides it feels like my T calms down. I'm hoping other people respond as well. I'm still new to this and I still can't understand my T.

3. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Yeah I've been through a bunch of different tones, especially in the first year or so. I've witnessed many similar cases on here also, so I would assume it's a pretty common phenomenon.

4. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      When I first had it, I experienced changing tones for about a month before things settled down. When I get a really bad spike (I've had 3 or 4 over the years) they tend to last about 1-2 weeks before going back to baseline.

I think with T there is no normal. Everyone has different experiences and reacts differently to it.

5. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      New tones come and sometimes they disappear.