Is It Normal to ‘Feel’ Your Pulse? Or Is This Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by bethadtr, Sep 28, 2020.

1. bethadtr
      Balanced

bethadtr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Earphone Use
      Hi all, I’ve had normal tinnitus for just under 3 months now and I’ve been dealing with it ok.

This was until a few days ago when one night I started to feel my pulse in my temples quite badly. I plugged my ears and I couldn’t hear it, but I could when I placed my head on my pillow. Again, this was rather a feeling of pulsating rather than an actual sound.

I keep trying to find what my symptoms are because I’m unsure whether it’s PT or not? I can’t actually hear a sound in time with my pulse as such, but a pulsing - throbbing sensation in my head.

Wondering if anyone can help!

2. donotringatme

donotringatme Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD, TMD, CI
      I have that too but not always. It worsens when I sleep flat on my back, I think it’s a circulation issue if you have high blood pressure or a venous issue but nothing to really worry about. It can be from muscle tension, jugular bulb issues, intracranial pressure, I think it may even be middle ear pressure building up if you have ETD. A neurologist will probably know what to do.

• Like Like x 1
    3. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      Does it occur infrequently and go away within a few seconds or few minutes? In that case I think it's normal, just a temporary elevation of blood pressure.

You might want to ask a friend with a blood pressure meter or a pharmacy or a doctor to take a few measurements of you, though. Might be an early warning sign of high blood pressure.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bethadtr
      Balanced

bethadtr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Earphone Use
      It’s been constant for 5 days now, came on one evening out of nowhere. I’ve had my blood pressure taken and it’s normal? So so confused.

• Hug Hug x 1