Is My Low-Pitched Throbbing Sound (Synced to Heartbeat) Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by slightreturn53, Apr 18, 2019.

1. slightreturn53

slightreturn53 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi All...

Just recently I developed a low pitch throbbing sound in my ears, synced to my pulse. I'm assuming this is Pulsatile Tinnitus. Also, my normal high pitch tinnitus has increased in volume. Have recently been to a Doctor as had pain in my ear and the Doctor said it was very red deep inside, so he put me on antibiotics.

This new low pitch one started about a week ago and makes sleeping very difficult. Would appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Thanks
      Bari

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      If you're interested in more natural alternatives, you may want to consider checking out THIS POST. It's by a guy on this forum who had really good success with ACV (apple cider vinegar), using it both internally, and applying a diluted solution inside his ears.

I've been meaning to start putting some in my ears as well, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. He used a 30% ACV dilution, so I might start out at about a 10% solution and test the waters with that. -- Another guy got good results from putting a mullein/garlic oil in his ears. Another thing to possibly check out.

If I had an infection in my ears, I'd definitately go with one or both of these, as I've read too many stories of antibiotics causing or exacerbating tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      slightreturn53

slightreturn53 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you very much for the info Lane, I will check it out...