Is the Jet Engine, Mid Tone Tinnitus Pulsatile?

Discussion in 'Support' started by buzzythedude, Dec 2, 2017.

1. buzzythedude

buzzythedude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing damage kinks
      A few years ago I had ear problems I got checked for with an MRI w/wo contrast. I had pulsatile tinnitus. I know this because I could hear the heartbeat in the ear. Since then pulsatile tinnitus has been gone and I have had medium high pitched whistler tinnitus to varying degrees.

Recently I had a neck adjustment after which I felt dazed and had cognitive problems afterwards..memory lapses..small motor skills. To further confuse matters I was about a week into Neosporin treatment which is known to be ototoxic.

I noticed this new jet engine taxiing sounding tinnitus the day after the adjustment at night time and sometimes in the morning. So far we have had a recent MRI which should no tumors/stroke etc but might indicate superior canal dehiscence syndrome. It was never brought up in the past when I had a MRI with contrast in which that case of more clear cut pulsatile tinnitus resolved and never returned.

Does superior canal dehiscence cause that kind of jet engine tinnitus or is it more clearly pulsatile hearing of the heartbeat? Is it possible the Neosporin had a ototoxic effect that causes that kind of sound tinnitus? Does anyone who has this jet engine sounding mid tone tinnitus have superior canal dehiscence or a ototoxic reaction from Neosporin?

Did anyone else get it from a neck adjustment or from sternomastoid muscle problems? (which I have had in the past and could have been exacerbated by the adjustment)

• Hug Hug x 1